Active/Affiliate Membership – If you are an Extension employee working in any capacity with family and consumer sciences programming with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, you can be an Active/Affiliate Member of NEAFCS.
This form is for district treasurers to submit membership to the state (TEAFCS) NEAFCS Membership for District Treasurer
*Dues to join NEAFCS ($100 per year), plus any state and district dues.
Life Membership – If you have been an active or affiliate member of NEAFCS for at least five (5) years and have retired, resigned, or otherwise become ineligible for active or affiliate membership, you can you can become a Life Member of NEAFCS. Should you ever re-enter the Extension service, you will be required to resume active membership status and pay annual dues.
As a member of NEAFCS, you will enhance your career and have a positive impact on your profession. NEAFCS members enjoy the following benefits from their participation in the association:
- Access to a growing, nationwide network of over 1,800 Extension professionals involved in Family & Consumer Sciences programming in their communities.
- Opportunities to develop and enhance your leadership and management skills by serving in a leadership capacity on the state or national level.
- Forums for presenting research and program information and discussing common Extension concerns at the Annual Session (i.e. webinars, concurrent sessions and poster sessions).
- Opportunities to publish research in a peer-reviewed publication – the online Journal of NEAFCS
- Recognition for outstanding achievements through an extensive awards and recognition program.
- Access to professional development opportunities on the state, regional and national levels. This includes free webinars for all members sponsored by NEAFCS, valued at $50 each or more.
- Discount on Annual Session registration package for members.
- The ability to earn continuing education credits through participation in the Annual Session and webinars.
- Up-to-date information on the latest products, methods, materials and technological advances to enhance the effectiveness of your programs.
- Opportunities to obtain free programming information and network with vendors at Annual Session.
- Opportunity to serve as External Reviewers for promotion and tenure as well as publication reviews.
- The opportunity to develop lasting friendships.
- Access to creative networking opportunities through www.neafcs.org.