The Texas Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (TEAFCS) educates and recognizes Extension professionals who improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities. We provide education in:
– Financial Management
– Healthy Lifestyles
– Home & Work Environment and Safety
– Relationship and Parenting Skills
– and Much More!
TEAFCS Member Updates
Submit an Article to TEAFCS’ Statewide Newsletter the Texas Extra
- Texas Extra articles are due to your District’s Texas Extra Editor by September 3rd, 2019
- District Texas Extra Editions should submit your compiled articles to Flora Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 15, 2019
Texas Extra Release Date: October 1st, 2019
NEAFCS 2019 – Texas Delegates
- President – Brittany Martin
- President-Elect – Liz Espie
- 1st Vice President – Lynette Babcock
- Treasurer – Amy Ressler
- Odd District Directors – Norma Munoz, Courtney Parrott, Cathy Pearson
- Other Officers – Flora Williams
- Alternates – Tonya Poncik, Jocelin Villarreal, Ronda White, Melode Watson
State’s Night Out
Everything is bigger in Texas, they say, and that seems to be the case with our group. We have 55 members attending the 2019 NEAFCS Annual Session in Hershey, PA! Thus, with such a large group to accommodate, unfortunately, Texas will be unable to dine out altogether during States’ Night Out while at the NEAFCS Annual Session. However, as mini-groups, you can visit a local restaurant of your choosing.
List of restaurants provided by NEAFCS: Hershey Restaurants
After dinner during the States’ Night Out time, TEAFCS will all have a chance to get together with a casual Social Hour in the lobby beginning at 7:30 pm.
Annual Session Service Project
Storybooks for Hershey Medical Center Children’s Hospital
The hospital is within walking distance from the Hershey Lodge. It services all of central Pennsylvania for critical and chronic care pediatric medical needs. To learn more about the Child Life Center at Penn State Children’s Hospital, please watch this brief video. You can view the Service Project Book List, which includes recommended titles; however, they accept books that are not listed as well. The Children’s Hospital has patients ranging in age from infant to 18 years, so a wide range of reading levels is always appreciative. All books must be brand new for infection prevention. If you would like to donate monetarily instead of a book, both can be collected. Your generosity is highly appreciated! For monetary donations, please email email@example.com.
2019 State Conference – Our Time to Shine Slideshow