AWARDS UPDATE – Julie Smith, 1st Vice President

NEAFCS Awards: Time is of the essence in preparing for submission of NEAFCS Awards!

All NEAFCS Award information is available at: http://www.neafcs.org/awards

In order to have applications judged and submitted to National by their February 15th deadline, I am asking that awards be submitted to me by Monday, January 27, 2014.  This is going to be a tight turn around for me and the Awards Committee Judging Teams, but I am confident that we can make it work. I am giving you all as much time as possible to complete the applications – especially since the first of the year is challenging to prepare award applications.

ALL materials for NEAFCS  awards need to be submitted electronically by midnight on 1/27/14 to julie.smith@agnet.tamu.edu  It would be nice if all attachments were in pdf or jpg/gif format to ensure integrity of fonts, spacing, etc. – make sure to have your name on all files and award category/info. Also, please note the following in your message when emailing information to me: NAME, AWARD CATEGORY/CATEGORIES, INDIVIDUAL/TEAM (LIST MEMBERS), DISTRICT, and REGION.

The hard copy can be sent to me soon after (please do not spend a lot of money to send the hard copies to me overnight, etc) – I just need to have them in hand within a few days after the electronic to ensure plenty of time to review and have ready to forward. The electronic files will be disseminated for judging in Texas – the hard copy will be reviewed and forwarded to National for those applications that are chosen as winners. Note that you will NOT get the hard copy back. With our membership numbers – we can submit up to 4 in every category once again this year.

For DSA and Continued Excellence Awards – your application information only needs to be sent electronically – I do not need a hard copy since it is not forwarded.

The committee has completed Program Award criteria for new state level awards which will consist of:

Better Living for Texans

Nutrition, Health and Wellness

Family Development and Resource Management

Family Life, Parenting, Financial Management, Housing, Clothing, etc.

TEAFCS Awards: The TEAFCS Ad Hoc Awards Committee (consisting of: Joanna Pack-Andrews County, Michelle Allen-Austin County, Courtney Davis-Bowie County, Sally Garrett-Fayette County, Sheri Halsell-Haskell County, and Lorrie Coop-Knox County) has completed Program Award criteria for new state level awards which will consist of:

Better Living for Texans

Nutrition, Health and Wellness

These are non-BLT related programs

4-H and Youth Development

Curriculum Enrichment

Multi-County Programming

Interdisciplinary Programming

Judging criteria and the online application are attached and will be placed on the TEAFCS web site as well. ALL applications for TEAFCS awards will be completed and submitted electronically. The deadline for the TEAFCS Awards will be April 1, 2014.

We will continue working on the Service Awards and plan to implement those in 2015. If you have suggestions for criteria or names, please share with any member of the Ad Hoc Committee.